General Postage Info
(The Who, What, Where, When & Why of your Mooster delivery)
Orders UNDER 2 kilos
- Orders under 2 kilos are delivered by Royal Mail second class small parcels.
- All deliveries require a signature.
- You will have paid £4.00 for delivery.
- The majority of these parcels arrive in around 48hrs, but Royal Mail say allow up to 5 WORKING DAYS for delivery.
- If your parcel has not turned up AFTER 5 working days, THEN it can be tracked, so please don't request tracking before that time has passed as I'm unable to do so due to the service I use at the Post Office
- I post via Royal Mail Monday - Friday inclusive but NOT Saturdays
Orders OVER 2 kilos
- Orders over 2 kilos are sent by courier (currently Parcelforce)
- If you have ordered via the website, then you will receive tracking info as soon as your parcel is packed and booked in for courier collection
- You will have paid £6.90 for courier delivery
- All courier deliveries are booked using the 24hr Express service
- There is NO weekend delivery without a hefty £16.00 premium, so I don't currently use this option
- Please bear in mind that although the service is 24hr delivery, it's not a guaranteed 24 hour delivery service, and on occasion delivery can be delayed for any of a number of reasons during transit
- Courier orders also have to be booked in for collection, so if you order on a Friday evening for example, the courier won't collect till the following Monday, and delivery will be Tuesday
I use the business Drop & Go service at the Post Office because of the large amount of parcels I send daily. This means that I drop the sacks of parcels at the Post Office, and the Post Office process them throughout the day during times when they are less busy, so avoiding causing massive angry queues of people every time I go in. This system is very handy but means that I don't get the tracking info for around 48hrs after I have dropped the parcels off, by which time the majority of parcels have been delivered. I post Monday - Friday with Drop & Go.
As I pack and label orders, I close the order on the website. This is so I can quickly see what still needs to be packed, and the order they need to be packed in. When I close an order the website sends out an automatic dispatch email informing you that your order has been dispatched. This means that it has left me, and is on its way to the Post Office, or is at the Post Office already. If you receive your dispatch email before 3.00pm then normally your parcel will have gone to the Post Office that same day. If you receive your dispatch email after 3.00pm, then it will be processed by the Post Office the next day. This is because of the cut off time for catching the last post collection of the day. This needed to be clarified after someone suggested that I was dishonest as their dispatch email didn't match the post mark on their parcel. Hopefully this more detailed information will clarify things.
If after reading the above information you still have any concerns regarding delivery, please email me at:
and i'll try my best to help out